Tips for traveling in the 6 if i's your first time:
- check your roaming data plan. Most plans allow international data, some allow roaming for a small fee a day, and some will suck the money out of your account per text. Fortunately, we both had a international roaming plan so we could still send imessages and use uber and google maps.
- carry cash. Again with the fees. If you don't check your bank's rules for international usage or let them know prior to your trip you'll be using your card, expect a "decline decline decline" where ever you swipe!
- check Toronto travel blogs, or instagrams for places to explore. I cannot tell you how many screen shots from Toronto foodie IG's and local Toronto travel blogs I shared with Brandon leading up to the trip.
- If you know someone in the city, ask them out. Fortunately we had friends and family in the area to show us around and, I'm not sure about you, but I'm not one for touristy activities NOT that you shouldn't go to the CN tower if you want, but I dislike crowds and want to grow to love the city from a native's eye. We had personal tour guides to show us all the local spots that were void of crowds but still uniquely Toronto.
- Bring chargers/portable chargers. Self explanatory.
- Try the POUTINE. I didn't when I was there, and have been regretting the decision since.
Until next time, Toronto.